We recognize that there are different kinds of players on Ragnarok Online. There are those who like to go on quests, collect items, battle MvPs, and there are those who like to engage in PvP, WoE, and KoE. In a sense, we could categorize these players into two groups: monster hunters and player hunters.
The Path system is a unique feature that can only be found on ExperienceRO. The Path system was conceptualized to add flavor to the game by bringing you a new experience you have not seen before on other servers, all to enhance your gameplay.
You should understand by now that the Path system and the Storyline (the various Chapters and Episodes) are quite closely linked to each other even though they may seem to be two separate features on the server. You will, in a nutshell, be required to choose a Path first only then you can access to the Storyline which unlocks new features as you progress on.
The new features that you'll unlock from the Path system will be:
- Path Armor Sets - Equipment that add statuses and/or bonuses that benefits the respective Path.
- Path Blessings - Charms which add statuses and/or bonuses that benefits the respective Path.
- Path Consummables - Consummables which are only available to that respective Path.
- The Pinnacle - A unique reward system.
- New Maps/Dungeons
- New MvPs/Monsters
- "Mentor" - the NPC whom you talk to in order to train on your chosen Path.
- "Keeper" - the NPC whom you talk to in order to access to the items available to the respective Paths. Path keepers are found at the right side of Moonhaven, where all the automated event NPCs are located.
- "Seals" - the item received at a certain point quantum during training.
- "Pinnacle" - a unique item received once you reach a certain level of your training.
Choosing Your Path
There are five (5) Paths to choose from for now:
- The One - MvP/PvP/WoE, revolves around element resist.
- Hero - PvP/WoE, focusing on demi-human resist.
- Guardian - MvP/PvP/WoE, size resist.
- Collector - MvP, revolves around item hunting and quest rewards.
- Divergent - PvP, revolves around flee.
You can view path equipment and their descriptions by visiting the respective path's page or checking the Redeemer NPC (moonhaven 201 191).
- Level up to Base Level 800 and Job Level 250 in the leveling room/gold room Playground Kid (@warp moonhaven 258 183). Note: This is a trans-job server (high wizard, assassin cross, sniper, etc.). We do not offer third jobs.
- Walk upstairs past the Royal Guard (@warp moonhaven 185 205)
- Submit 3 items to General Van Handel: Skeletal Armor Piece, Will of Red Darkness, Fire Dragon Scale. Check @ii for item information, @whodrops, and @whereis. You may use the MvP room "Bossnia" (@warp moonhaven 258 186) or kindly ask players to help you out.
- Choose your path from Sophia.
|Path set orientation: MvP/PvP/WoE; revolves around elemental resistances
Mentor: Kenshin Himura (@warp moonhaven 273 84)
Training approach: The One trains by killing/defeating monsters in a separate arena filled with monsters at three different levels. The monsters get harder as you move on and it tests your patience and determination. Use @jump to move from section to section of the arena.
Seals: You will get either a Seal of Endurance or a Seal of Consecration at every 5,000 points (at a 50/50 chance).
Pinnacle: 100,000 'The One' points.
|Path set orientation: PvP/WoE; focusing on demi-human resistance
Mentor: Hiei (@warp moonhaven 180 66)
Training approach: Hero trains by killing/defeating mobs on the hero trials which is accessed via Path Mentor Hiei
Seals: Every kill will reward you 1 point. You will get either a Seal of Mastery or a Seal of Dominion at every 125 points (at a 50/50 chance).
Pinnacle: 7,000 'Hero' points.
|Path set orientation: MvP/PvP/WoE; size resist
Mentor: Arturia Pendragon (@warp mooonhaven 172 127)
Training approach: Guardian trains by killing/defeating dragon/demon type MvPs.
Seals: Every kill will reward you a random 12-30 points. You will get either a Seal of Sacrifice or a Seal of Bravery at every 5,000 points (at a 50/50 chance).
Pinnacle: 70,000 'Guardian' points
|Path set orientation: MvP; revolves around hunting and quest rewards
Mentor: Liliruca Arde (@warp moonhaven 162 262)
Training approach: Collector trains by completing/turning in hunting quests of rare item drops by monsters.
Seals: Every quest turned in reward you a random 12-30 points. You will get either a Seal of Knowledge or a Seal of Integrity at every 700 points (at a 50/50 chance).
Pinnacle: 8,000 'Collector' points.
|Path set orientation: PvP; revolves around FLEE.
Mentor: Lucina (@warp moonhaven 295 136)
Training approach: Divergent trains by being adept at avoiding monsters on specially designed maps called 'Trials of a Divergent'. The Trials consist of three (3) map levels, and at each map level you have to reach to the other portal without dying, and/or killing any of the monster on the map.
You will get either a Seal of Reflexes or a Seal of Skillfulness at every 1,000,000 points (at a 50/50 chance).
Pinnacle: 20,000,000 'Divergent' Points
Which path system feature is your favorite?
Which is your favorite path?